Sunday 9 December 2007

Searching for The President in Tehran: A prelude

In the name of mankind, save Persians from enemies, drought and lie (Cyrus the great, 590-530 BC)

As a child when did I first hear about puzzles? And from whom?

I can remember something about my grandpa...

The old ex-nationalist guy used to solve crossword puzzles. I can remember him without socks or slippers whenever he was home. When he was happy he was trying to tease me by showing his dirty foot and I used to complain to my granny that grandpa is so dirty. In contrary, my granny was such a stylish woman. Regardless if she was home or not, she was always with high hills and make up.

Grandpa is now dead and granny is in the queue to have her funeral. Like Ellie’s granny…Her funeral was in Manchester yesterday. They burnt the body. I was not there, but a friend was. I haven’t met her yet, not only Ellie but also my friend. However, I know much about her; actually a little bit too much...

But how come? Just an incident: Everything has started with a single click and then a particular day: 13 October 1977, my birthday; although, it has happened on 4 December 2007. I know...It is a total mess. Maybe I write about it more while "Searching for the President in Tehran", maybe not...Let's see...

She just asked about the name of my story and I replied her: “Searching for the President in Tehran”.

She thinks I am bit wired. She said: If it was me I would call it “You are dangerous”. And she laughed.

She meant I am dangerous.

But, it doesn't solve my problem: I still can't recall... As a child when did I first hear about puzzles? And From whom?


A comment by "Searching for the President in Tehran":
I would like to draw your attention, with wonder and particular amusement, to a bunch of monks in Persepolis on the year 560 BC celebrating the first human right constitution by drinking wine and flirting with Babylonian girls arrived to be used as sex toys in Cyrus’s crowning ceremony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only know that I was never good in puzzles due to my low IQ! I know that My grandpa's feet were always clean and it was my grandma who was the shabby one! I don't think you're weird honey, I'm sure about it and the last but not the least , I miss Persepolise tons!